Ever since 17-year-old Fred DeLuca made sandwiches for his first customers in a small storefront sandwich shop in 1965, it was clear that SUBWAY® stores would be a new kind of sandwich bar – a sandwich bar without a fryer and where sandwiches were not pre-made, but made to order.
The SUBWAY® brand is committed to:
- Improving the nutritional quality of our products
- Providing detailed nutrition, diet and healthy lifestyle information
What is the SUBWAY® Brand Doing Now?
We are a committed partner to the UK Government’s Public Health Responsibility Deal and the only Quick Service Restaurant to have endorsed all of the relevant nutrition-related pledges:
- Out of home calorie labelling
- Salt reduction
- Non use of artificial trans fats
- Calorie reduction
- Improved access to fruit and vegetables
- Saturated fat reduction
- Out of home salt reduction